Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in Arlington, VA or Chantilly, VA on Leidos' open source analytic tool platform, Veracint. The Senior Software Engineer on the Veracint team, will guide a team of developers to develop and continuously enhance complex and diverse software systems to include processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development and integration, manipulating of extremely large data sets in an agile and fast paced development environment supporting research, rapid prototyping, and integration of a data analytic pipeline to solve new and emerging challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of software engineers in an agile environment as both a technical lead and Scrum Master
- Design, develop, enhance, and support an analytics and search platform serving a various array of customers
- Evolve and build highly extensible software systems to meet various customers' needs in an agile environment
- Join a multi-disciplinary research, development, and fusion analytics team.
- Develop data collection and exploitation pipeline applications and tools to meet the mission requirements.
- Work closely with other software developers, network engineers, senior investigators, program managers, researchers, data analysts, digital forensic examiners and other intelligence analysts on agile teams to design and optimize Data Science platforms in support of Leidos internal and DoD/IC customer requirements.
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem solving, identifying, transforming, and exploiting new publicly available information (PAI) data sources, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability is desired
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field with at least 6 years professional experience in software development
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, or Apache Lucene.
- 6+ years’ experience in object-oriented design and coding skills (Java or Python) and Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- 2+ years’ experience leading software development teams in Agile processes
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Application of advanced coding techniques, such as dependency injection
- Experience in Commercial and/or Government Cloud environments (AWS, C2S, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Solid experience with building scalable software solutions and distributed systems using Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices architecture, and REST APIs.
- Machine Learning experience, namely Classification Systems and NLP
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
- Interests in Text processing: natural language processing (NLP), searching (e.g., Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering
- Experience mentoring and training the engineers on complex technical issues
- Experience with the full development and release cycle, from developing the code all the way through deploying the product into the production environment. Very familiar with Linux and administering the backend servers.
- Proven experience with: writing design documents, leading code reviews, applying SCM, managing builds and managing releases
- Mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in IC analysis tools (e.g., iBase/Analyst’s Notebook, Palantir, etc.)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKINTIA