Leidos Cyber, Inc. is seeking a high performing and energetic Software Engineer for our Product Development team. We build some of the most sophisticated IT and OT cyber security solutions in the world.
Our engineers work on the full software stack and partner with industry leaders in the cyber security domain. Candidates are responsible for delivering software products to Enterprise scale customers and participate in the design, planning, implementation and test phases of the software development process.
As part of the team, you will be on the leading edge of detecting and preventing insider threat.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Testers, Designers and other Engineers to develop full stack solutions.
- Work in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Design, estimate, unit test, and develop user stories.
- Participate in team growth through regular internal tech presentations
Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with some Relevant professional experience and/or specialized training that is commensurate with the assignment is also a must.
- 3-5 years of software product development experience
- Professional experience in Java and/or other software development languages (Python, Scala)
- Demonstrated experience with Django is a plus
- Basic understanding of “Big Data” / Hadoop services (HDFS, HBase, Kafka, Apache Nifi, Spark)
- Experience with web application development, REST programming and related networking concepts
- Experience with Hortonworks is a plus
- Experience with the implementation of security concepts (authentication, authorization services)
- Experience with Linux based operating systems, as well as free and open-source software is a must
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, and Git
- Ability to write source code, reuse existing components, and evaluate and integrate open source software into solutions
- Understanding of Software Engineering design concepts, including TDD and OOD
- Comfortable with agile (SCRUM) project environment
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a remote team and is a team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Open to researching and using new technologies
- Passion for software development and working on teams solving difficult data related problems
- General understanding of UI design principles and best practices
- Understands testing strategies
- Interest in all aspects of software development including packaging and deployment
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKINTIN