Leidos has a career openings for Geospatial Analysts located in Alexandria, VA.
The job the Geospatial Analyst is to be responsible for is the processing of GPS/IMU, LIDAR and EO sensor data from a raw format to final products and disseminations support to the Army Buckeye program in CONUS and OCONUS locations. Selected candidates will be required achieve and maintain deployable status to perform rotations to theater of operation at a minimum of 4 months per rotation. Longer rotations can be worked out at the candidate’s request.
- Will analyze raw data off of the sensors to ensure that the data was collected properly, processing GPS trajectories, performing cleanup algorithms, registering data, managing data and conducting QA/QC to ensure that it is accurate and a reliable product.
- Provide support and troubleshooting of potential hardware/software issues that might arise.
- Candidate will work on small cohesive teams, in these theaters as well as on larger teams in the Springfield Office.
- Candidate will have a working understanding of the collection and processing of tactical imagery and LIDAR data to ensure the best and most accurate user product.
- Candidate should have a background in working with military customers and production of products related to the Military Decision Making Process.
- The candidate should be a self-starter who works well with small teams as well as individually.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance and pass a deployment physical.
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of related experience or 10 years GIS experience.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years relevant skill experience including the following: knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, and computer technology; knowledge of geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats.
- Knowledge of and experience with GIS commercial-off the-shelf applications software, particularly ESRI ArcGIS, ArcView, ERDAS Imagine/LPS, SOCET SET, etc.
- Must be able to pass a deployment physical.
- Must have Secret security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKINTGA