Deputy Operations Engineering Manager
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Deputy Operations and Engineering Manager (OEM). Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The Deputy OEM will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DoD Information Network (DODIN) operational engineering globally. Responsibilities include technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and cost/risk/supportability/effectively analysis total systems across the DISN. The Deputy OEM will manage multiple engineering and operations tasks simultaneously for a team of over 150 geographically dispersed engineers. Subordinate teams are responsible for multiple layers of IP and transport technologies, unified and mobile capabilities, performance management, change management, network modeling, capacity planning, impact assessments, and support to command and control functions.
- Oversee all aspects of network engineering
- Support preparations of technical implementation plans to provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
- Oversee operation of network engineering
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Status reporting to the task order manager and customer
- Creating, documenting, and executing action plans
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks
- Manages aspects of multiple engineering tasks simultaneously
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule
- Some travel may be required (10-25%)
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10 years prior relevant experience or Masters with 8 years prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years experience supervising or leading teams or projects. 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
- In-depth experience in network engineering, problem management, and performance management
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Technical depth in network services and architecture (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc)
- Large complex network engineering experience
- Network certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Master's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- ITIL certification
GSMOExternal Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85