Leidos’s Defense Health Operation currently has a job opportunity for a Deployment Engineer III to join our Operational Engineering Support (OES) team in San Diego, CA supporting sites in the USA, Asia, and Europe. Provide system administration support for production environments that includes effectively and collaboratively working in a team environment. At customer locations, provides engineering support with the overarching responsibility for implementation and optimization of hardware, software products and multi-vendor systems. Includes oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation, limiting critical system downtime. The Deployment Engineer shall support managing teams in project planning, coordination and technical advisement to team members and site customers to facilitate system hardware and software installations, networking, relocation, and storage upgrades, at Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) locations. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and configure server, storage, and network equipment in blade server rack configurations and associated provisioning.
- Configure and test CHCS interfaces.
- Perform configuration changes within OpenVMS and Multinet.
- Troubleshoot network communications with virtualized systems and the network infrastructure.
- Resolve or escalated critical developments which may impact exceeding scheduled downtimes.
- Daily updates to customers and management with pre and post installation meetings and completion of Installation Activity Completion Reports.
- Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities. May oversee a team of field service technicians and train, monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Strong prior experience supporting DHA CHCS and AHLTA.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with software engineering, integration, and server configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with various operating systems to include MS Windows Server, Linux/Red Hat, and OpenVMS.
- Experience working with VMWare vCenter 5.0 and higher. Understanding of VMware networking configuration.
- DoD 8570 certification (Security+ and Operating System certification) can be met within 3 months.
- Candidates MUST have or be eligible to obtain an ADPII clearance for consideration
- Familiarity with HP C7000 enclosures and blade servers including firmware updates.
- Acquainted with HP storage configuration EVA4400 / P6350 or 3PAR StoreServ.
- A strong aptitude in the resolution of issues relating to hardware, software, and networking is required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices.
- Networking understanding including DHCP, Static addressing, Ports and Protocols.
- Familiarity with DoD deployment environments.
EDUCATION: Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent systems and work experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. DHILeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85