Leidos has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Engineer located in Bethesda, MD. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art naval training and simulation systems. Career advancement possibilities are limited only by your desire. If you have the ambition, we have the position. Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance prior to hire. Active clearance is preferred.
Candidate will provide cybersecurity engineering support for: 1) local area development networks (both Windows and Linux) at both a Leidos facility and a government facility, and 2) local area networks that tie together the computing nodes of the trainers. Candidate will be responsible for providing cybersecurity engineering support including support for integrated security systems and solutions to manage information-related risks. Candidate will work with the customer, SCA, and DAO to develop new policies, design processes, and procedures, and technical designs to secure the development and trainer systems. Candidate will assess system vulnerabilities, implement risk mitigation strategies, validate secure systems, and test security products and systems to detect security weakness.
Leidos is the prime contractor for a number of training and simulation systems used throughout the US Navy. These training systems have been extremely well received by the customer. According to the Navy: "There is no other trainer like this in the world. The modeling and the fidelity are unmatched." "This is a quantum leap in being able to make the [training] system realistic." "The technology that backs this system up is head and shoulders above anything we have ever seen before."
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree and 7-8+ years related experience; or Masters and 4-5+ years experience. Continuing education in any of the above fields is desirable.
• Fluent using the Linux CLI
• Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration
• Highly versed in Linux system administration and best practices
• Familiar with enterprise network architectures
• Experience with automated configuration management and server provisioning via tools such as Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor
• Experience with automated network and system monitoring via tools such as Big Brother, Nagios, SolarWinds
• Experience with Virtualization Technologies, specifically KVM
• Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments
• Comfortable dealing with users with varying levels of IT knowledge
• Must be familiar with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux particularly from an information assurance and remediation perspective.
• Must be familiar with DoD Information Assurance Programs, such as DoD 8570 and DoD 5520.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance prior to hire and will be subject to a government security
investigation. Active security clearance preferred.
• Experience with Linux High Availability Clustering
• Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
• Experience with managing Git, Subversion, and other similar repository systems
• Experience with Windows administration, specifically Windows 10, DISA SHB, and Windows Server 2012
• Experience with Cloud Technology, such as AWS GovCloud
• Experience with scripting/programming skills for automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, and/or Perl
• General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
• General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, ssh, NFS)
• Experience managing and maintaining Linux repositories
DoD 8570.01-M IAT level 2, or DoD 8140 Specialty Code 45 certifications, specifically both a baseline certification and Area of Expertise certification. Example Baseline Certifications are Security+ or CISSP. Example Area of Expertise certifications are CCNA, RHCE, MSITP, or Linux+.