The candidate will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and support for total systems prior to being deployed to the production network. He/she will be supporting equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
· Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
· Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
· Troubleshoot and analyze problems with major systems, including VMware, vCenter Server 6.x Horizon View 6.0, VSphere Web Client, Storage, SCCM, and GPO configuration.
· Understanding of virtual applications, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, application delivery via SCCM.
· Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation
· Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
· Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
· Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems.
· Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies DoD STIG’s.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
-Active TS security clearance or higher.
-8570 IAT Level 2 Compliant - Security +CE.
-VMWare VCA (VCP within 90 days of acceptance) with Microsoft Server 2012.
-5+ years experience without a degree or
-BS degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or
-MS degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
-Understanding of scripting or programming for systems management.
-Experience using development environments such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
-Understanding of databases (SQL and SQL management studio).
-Understanding of application virtualization and testing with Power Shell or Visual Basic scripts.