The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is currently seeking a Systems Engineer, specializing in virtualization, to manage and maintain the Global Command and Control System – Joint (GCCS-J) Virtual Data Center (GVDC). The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Qualifications: Education & Experience:
- Installation of ESX Servers, vSphere Client and vCenter Server
- Creation of datastores for storing virtual machines (VMs) and data
- Deploying VMs using Clones, Snapshots, templates
- Health Check for VMs and ESX host
- Present / Assign LUN to ESX host
- Installing host and infrastructure patches
- Administer and build infrastructure servers (Windows/Linux) needed to support the GVDC
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 6 years’ relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with active Secret clearance.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter that is able to work and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Strong desire to continuously improve and optimize the environment and self; working towards virtualization architect track.
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Deployment (VCAP-DCV) certification.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification (CompTIA Security+CE, GSEC, SCNO, SSCP, CASP, or CISSP).
- Experience/Understanding of cybersecurity frameworks (i.e. NIST, ISO 27000)
- Experience/Understanding of networking and network infrastructures
- Experience/Understanding of SAN and ISCSI storage
- Experience writing shell scripts (i.e. Linux, Powershell)
- Understanding of security policies, scans, and vulnerability remediation
- Experience providing virtualization support in a classified DoD environment.
- Solaris background to support using LDOMS for consolidation of Solaris host.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85