Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Configuration Management (CM) Operations Manager. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role...
The CM Operations Manager will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to operate and maintain the DISA Network Operations Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Responsibilities include technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and cost/risk/supportability/effectively analysis across the functionality of the CMDB. The CM Operations Manager will manage technical network design and documentation projects, Acceptable Level of Performance (ALP) reporting, and activities to further improve CMDB data and processes across DISA.
- Oversee all aspects of Configuration Management tools and processes
- Support preparations of technical implementation plans to provide technical solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
- Oversee operation of Configuration Management
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across DISA to enhance CM practices
- Status reporting to the task order manager and customer
- Creating, documenting, and executing action plans
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals, in which we are dependent on them completing tasks
- Manages aspects of multiple project tasks simultaneously
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule
- Some travel may be required (10-25%)
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with Configuration Management to include database knowledge, network device configuration, and network topologies
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Basic understanding of network services and architecture
- Experience in assigning tasks to contractor personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer
- Experience supporting and briefing a customer
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building, and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- ITIL certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85