Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Configuration Management (CM) Technician. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) as a member of the Configuration Management (CM) team. The primary role of the CM team is to ensure data accuracy within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The daily roles focus around our primary mission goals of our Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP) and working tickets from both our internal and external customers. The team member will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to operate and maintain the DISA Network Operations Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Responsibilities include technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and activities to further improve CMDB data and processes across DISA. Primary Responsibilities
Qualifications:Education and Experience Required:
- Monitor, track, and control the configuration of assigned Network Operations (NetOps) infrastructure including hardware, software, inter-connecting transport facilities and ancillary devices identified by network or system that is network-facing, DISN managed and within the control of GSM-O.
- Identification, audit, control, and status tracking and reporting.
- Maintain the CMDB containing DISA-provided DODIN services network and system CM data (to include “baseline data” used in conjunction with the CMDB) to support resource allocation, capacity planning, networks/system modeling, and other planning activities.
- Maintain and monitor all applicable Configuration Items (CIs) to include objects, instances, their attributes, and the relationships among the CIs to effectively deliver services to the customers.
- Update and audit CMDB data repositories and tools as appropriate.
- Interface with other network management and systems that support operations to collect and verify network/system data in support of the CM functions.
- Verify that updates to the CM data are completed within the appropriate amount of time as determined by the contract.
- Provide CM related data and planning support to other network management functions and operational support systems.
- Prepare reports using Microsoft, Oracle, and other products as required.
- Compile and maintain all CM documentation in support of operational CM functions.
- Train the user community in CMDB best practices.
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Configuration Management to include database knowledge, network device configuration, and network topologies
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Basic understanding of network services and architecture
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- ITIL certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85