Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Performance Management (PM) Network Systems Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) as a member of the Performance Management (PM) team. The Network Systems Engineer provides technical support for Network Provisioning and/or network engineering analysis using traffic analysis tools. He/she perform data analysis of traffic operational measurements (OM) and automatic message accounting (AMA) data to provide traffic engineering and switching performance information on switches and the network. Primary Responsibilities
- Develop processing techniques and report formats.
- Assist in developing recommended switch generated traffic data report collection requirements and schedules.
- Monitors and report traffic and capacity requirement trends to Government Capacity Engineers.
- Perform network modeling for current impact assessments and future network enhancements.
- Retrieves/analyzes performance metrics, uses tools to prepare customized performance reports and distribute to the diverse competence streams and to the customer as per request.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly monitoring of network availability and reliability performance and comparing data against Key Performance Indicators (KPI) or Service Level Agreements.
- Examination of monthly trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Provides Problem Management metrics on problematic network elements. Additional responsibilities includes producing and maintaining network topology maps across technologies globally, work as a member of a team to support the development of new innovative applications for performance management and identify opportunities for system improvements.
Education and Experience Required:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Basic understanding of network services and architecture
- Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85