The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO.
The selected candidate will serve as a member of an Engineering Team and support a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on systems engineering related to mission systems operations within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert the candidate will inject into each stage of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle to include but not limited to, requirements analysis, system design, system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands on and include the research, development, integration, testing, troubleshooting, and fielding of hardware, software, and appliances.
The individual will have a strong background in systems engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software. The selected candidate will have previous information technology experience.
The position involves the following tasks:
- System design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation
- Develop test plans that validate requirements
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
- Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the design, integration, and security posture of products
- Assists ISSM in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Contributes to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Assists with other systems engineering activities as directed by supervisor
- Security Clearance: Top Secret
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience: 5 years of related experience
- Certifications: Any DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
- Travel Required/Frequency: Yes, 25% annually
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with hardware and software integration
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with Windows environments
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
External Referral Eligible
TA_4 Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85