Our Defense & Intelligence Group has an immediate opening for a Service Desk & VTC Specialist to join our team in Kuwait!
The Service Desk & VTC Specialist will be part of a dynamic team supporting USARMY Central (USARCENT) G2 and Combined Joint Task Force - Operation INHERENT RESOLVE (CJTF-OIR) CJ2 customers in Kuwait and throughout South West Asia, including both U.S. and coalition personnel. Tge successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability of resolving Tier I hardware, software, and application problems without supervision. These duties include, but are not limited to diagnosing and resolving workstation software and hardware problems, common Microsoft Office issues, printer issues, basic network (LAN) issues, scheduling & troubleshooting video teleconferences (VTCs), following approved processes and procedures, and troubleshooting these issues in person, over the phone, or through remote system access. More of what you’ll be doing:
Qualifications:What qualification you’ll need to have:
- Provide polite and friendly Tier1 customer service support as part of a service desk team across multiple networks. Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, basic printer maintenance, etc.
- Remediate problems with Windows desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, etc.
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access, etc.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs, etc.
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, RDP, etc.
- Track all work in designated incident database tools & systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift; Attempt to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required.
- In & Out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers, etc
- Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed.
- Provide solutions to Frequently Asked Questions or common problems as part of a customer self-help capability.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences.
- HS Diploma/GED + 8 yrs experience, or Associate’s Degree + 6 yrs experience, or Bachelor’s Degree + 4 yrs experience, or Master’s Degree + 2 yrs experience
- 8140/8570.1-M IAT II Baseline Certification, such as: Security+|ce
- Computing Environment certifications include: A+|ce, Net+|ce, Server+, or MCSA: Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users & Computers, security groups and NTFS permissions, Cisco network/LAN principles, MS Windows 10, MS Office, desktop & laptop hardware, etc. Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in SWA a big plus.
- DOD 8140 IAT Level II IA baseline certification at time of hire.
- 3 years and 4 blank pages remaining on a valid US Passport.
- Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed, and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws.
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICJBMeta JBLeidos // SKCYB85