Raytheon’s DOMino contract is a single-award IDIQ with a $1.15 billion ceiling. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS’s stakeholder community. Positions would be located in Pensacola, FL and Arlington, VA, others across the nation.
Raytheon is looking for a Help Desk Specialist who can support the protection of the customer environment.
The Help Desk Spealist will support a wide variety of tasks with respect to computer hardware, software, networks and user support. Supports, maintains and utilizes various company and customer computer resources, including PCs, servers, LANs, WANs and internet-based systems and applications. Assists computer resource users in accessing computer systems and in resolving user problems with those systems and applications. Sets up, operates and monitors the control console of a mainframe or PC-based system for the processing of data and preparation of reports, studies and analysis. May also utilize customized or off-the-shelf software to transcribe source data for entry into existing databases. Performs database queries and develops reports using enterprise tools.
Requires Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks and checking work correctness.
Specific support will be provided to the Service Desk Team with responsibilities including:
· In-depth working experience of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 2003 including: application installation, Active Directory and Organization Units
· Effective customer service skills, including oral and technical written communications
· Must be able to assist in development of solutions, and appropriate documentation, to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
· Knowledge of data backup systems, principles, and safeguards
· Familiarity with Antivirus software and security settings
· Able to describe PC architecture and operation
· Familiarity with TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operation
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
Minimum Required types of Experience:
· Six (6) or more years of administrative support experience required
· Experience supporting DHS, Federal Civil, Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
· Experience using the Windows and/or LINUX Operating Systems.
· Experience using database ticketing systems (i.e. CLEARQUEST, REMEDY, HP OPENVIEW and HP SERVICE DESK MANAGER) to respond to, log status and update tickets.
· Experience supporting HF/DF and Legacy systems.
· Experience using configuration management tools.
· Experience in system administration.
· Experience troubleshooting and repairing systems according to the guidelines outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
· Check and update the Knowledge Base Repository (KBR) for solutions to probe and work with the user to resolve, or redirect to the appropriate system support team.
· Remain current with systems information, to include software versions, changes and updates.
· Experience contacting customers for feedback after tickets are resolved/closed to ensure complete satisfaction.
Desired types of Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
· Familiar with Unix operating systems to include installation, network configuration, and performance monitoring
· Experience with license managers in Windows and Unix environments
· Use of Windows Event Monitors in system analysis
· Proven ability to work with general supervision and follow established procedures
Required Certification(s): DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required
Required Education / Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
· Work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Administrative Services/Support, All, Warfighter Support Services Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85