This job opportunity is for the DoD Information Assurance Cyber Peer Assessment Lead position at Raytheon Intelligence Information and Services (IIS). The geographical location for this position is somewhat flexible with preferred locations being Richardson TX, Aurora CO, or Dulles VA. The Peer Assessment Lead is responsible for designing, scheduling, and conducting peer-assessments at all IIS locations in advance of formal USG inspections to ensure inspection readiness. The Peer Assessment Lead position will also be responsible for ensuring that findings from peer-assessments are fully remediated prior to formal USG inspections and for creating and maintaining a knowledge base (repository) for all self-assessment, peer-assessment, and formal USG assessment findings and remediation steps with the goal of continuously improving the assessment process and developing and applying best practices across the enterprise based on lessons learned. The peer-assessment process will align with DoD requirements as stipulated in various government customer requirements documents to include (but not limited to): NISPOM, ODAA Process Manual, DAAPM, associated NIST documents, and other customer specific implementation policies. Peer assessment responsibilities will encompass the entire IIS business in support of the DoD/DSS portfolio in IIS. The selected candidate will be responsible for the effective and efficient execution of all facets of the Peer Assessment program for DoD programs, to include (but not limited to):
- Scheduling: Scheduling peer assessments at all IIS locations each year (mid-year and again 30 days in advance of formal inspections) and assembling teams for supplemental support as required.
- Assessment Approach: Designing and continuously improving a consistent peer-assessment approach that includes a thorough review of all facets of the IA Cyber Program to include documentation, audit, CM, user training, hardening, patching, etc.
- Assessment Prep: Working with ISSMs in advance of scheduled peer-assessments to collect information about the systems to be inspected, with the goal of tailoring the peer-assessment approach to meet the needs of the specific site.
- Conduct Assessments: Travel to sites and conduct peer-assessments. Function as IA Team lead for instances where supplemental IA support is needed.
- Compile Findings & Lead Remediation: Create a formal assessment report that captures all findings and provides recommendations for remediation. Work with ISSMs to track progress on remediation activities, using a consistent format and approach.
- Knowledge Base: Create a repository where findings and remediation steps from all self-assessments, peer-assessments, and formal inspections can be collected for the purpose of disseminating lessons learned to all business ISSMs.
- Customer Coordination: In coordination with the DoD IA Cyber Manager, function as the voice to the customer to resolve unusual interpretations (e.g. first time findings) to drive the business toward consistency in policy interpretation.
- Enterprise Collaboration: Work with peers in the other Raytheon businesses to share lessons learned and best practices.
The Peer Assessment Lead position reports directly to the DoD IA Cyber Manager. This position will require a significant amount of travel (50%). This position can be a G10 or G11, based on education, experience and skillset.
- Collect and report metrics associated with self-assessments, peer-assessments, and formal inspections.
- Must have a current Top Secret Clearance and/or Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years applicable experience).
- 8+ years of experience in Information Systems Security, Information Systems Security Engineering, Information Assurance, or IT Systems Administration.
- ISSM/IAM or alternate ISSM/IAM experience.
- Extensive experience developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and supporting Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for systems under DSS cognizance.
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems in both stand alone and LAN/WAN configurations.
- Working knowledge of diverse operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, Unix, and Linux).
- Deep knowledge of DoD IA Cyber policies to include NISPOM, ODAA Process Manual, DAAPM, ODAA Technical Baseline, DISA STIGs.
- Experience with conducting self-assessments and peer-assessments for systems under DSS cognizance.
- Experience with various information system security assessment/hardening tools – SCAP, Nessus, Retina, WASSP, ACAS, HBSS, etc.
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to lead team to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio, etc.) with the ability to manipulate data and create various products in these applications (e.g. sort, filter, create various types of graphs to display metrics, trends, etc.).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required up to 50% of work schedule.
- DoD 8570.1M compliant Professional Certification (e.g. Security +, CISSP, GSEC, etc.).
- Proficiency with DSS OBMS system.
- In-depth knowledge of NIST special publications, CNSS policies and instructions.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience with SIPRNet and CCRI inspections
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study OR 8 additional years of experience lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Cyber, Security, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85