Job DescriptionThis Windows Infrastructure Engineer position will be part of a team responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a custom IT network. An ideal candidate should have experience in many of required technical skills below.
This position will work in a competitive environment and be responsible for working through all aspects of Life Cycle development.Required Technical Skills:
Desired Technical Skills:
- Extensive background in Systems Administration using Windows desktop and server operating systems (7/2008R2 and newer);
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including GPO management, DNS, OU management, etc.;
- Full understanding of Active Directory Site and Services, Replication and Domain/Forest hierarchies;
- Experience hardening Windows platforms via GPOs using STIGs or other system hardening baselines;
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, tuning, and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010 or newer;
- Experience with various computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS software applications;
- Experience installing, configuring, hardening, and maintaining Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS applications;
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Windows Server Update Services (WSUS);
- Ability to monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum levels of performance;
- Thorough understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, sub-netting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.;
- Experience with typical VMware products (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi) and overall virtualization implementations;
- Ability to travel (CONUS) up to 10% of the time;
- Candidates with a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance are preferred, but this is not a hard requirement;
- Must be able to attain and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CISSP or Security+ preferred).
Key responsibilities and soft skills for the qualified candidate include
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange clustering;
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM);
- Experience with scanning machines for vulnerabilities;
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices;
- Experience with additional VMware applications (Horizon View, vSAN, etc.);
- Experience with Unix-based Operating Systems;
- Understanding of Public Key Cryptography implementations;
- Familiarity with automated test software including load testing and security testing;
- Basic understanding of routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc.;
- Experience with command-line interfaces (Powershell, Bash, etc.).
- Working with other engineers to brainstorm solutions to complex problems;
- Willingness to learn new technologies and applications as required;
- Strong passion for the cyber security industry;
- Demonstrated experience implementing computer security;
- Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to support securing information systems;
- Ability to work with limited supervision; must be a self-starter with initiative;
- Ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations;
- Understanding of the concepts of Information Assurance.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Information and Knowledge Systems, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85