Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
NOTE: This position will be either a Sr. Systems Engineer II (G09) or Sr. Systems Engineer I (G08) depending on the successful candidates experience and other qualifications.
Raytheon is currently seeking a Senior Systems Maintenance Engineer to provide maintenance support for real-time signal processing and command & control systems at a 24/7 facility.
This position requires a strongly motivated individual to provide Tier 2 engineering support for the life cycle maintenance of assigned systems. The Sr Systems Maintenance Engineer will apply existing technical skills as well as coordinating with other engineering team members and Subject Matter Experts to ensure optimal system availability for mission execution. The Sr Systems Maintenance Engineer will be required to act independently to most efficiently fulfill their
duties and achieve customer goals.
Additional requirements such as providing back-fill support for mission support shift maintenance personnel during leave absences will occur on a rotating basis with other day staff members. Must be available for unscheduled call-in as well as prearranged support during periods outside normal business hours.
This position is located in Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia, and requires a two year tour with multiple tours possible.
- Must possess IAT Level I certification IAW DoD directive 8570
- Solid understanding of digital signals processing or communications theory
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with current COTS computer hardware - particularly HP & IBM
- Proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Working knowledge of networking technologies and protocols
- Demonstrated high level of competency in technical writing
- Database Administration experience
- Familiarity with networking hardware and configuration
- Working knowledge of server/storage/desktop virtualization technologies
- X-Midas experience
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. Must have the ability to obtain and satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI SSBI security clearance. U.S. Citizenship required.Individual and eligible dependents must successfully pass medical and psychological examinations prior to being selected for the position, and must have the ability to satisfy requirements for applicable visas to work and/or reside in Australia
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience, preferably including signal processing theory and concepts, data acquisition and processing technology OR possess equivalent experience (12 years) in lieu of a degree.
Systems Engineering, Technical, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85