Raytheon IIS is looking for individuals to join the Cyber Security Engineering team for Cyber Security operations positions in Information Assurance supporting the operation, & maintenance of mission-critical systems.
This position will be primarily based in the Indianapolis, IN area. Occasional travel may be needed.Typical responsibilities include:
- Performing general "hands on" security administration tasks on developmental & operational systems
- Preparing documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
- Preparing for, supporting & conducting Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security-related requirements
- Providing administration support on security tools and network components
- Applying patches & implementing configuration changes to remediate vulnerabilities
- U.S. citizenship status is required as this position will require a clearance within 1 year of start date
- Knowledge of or experience in cyber security to include hardening security settings on servers, workstations, &/or network devices.
- Solid communications skills
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively with team members & leads
- Must have knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows system administration
- RHEL/Linux system administration
- Network/firewall administration
- Compliance scanning/vulnerability assessment
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including DoDI 8500.2 or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates like DISA STIGs, etc.
- Experience with cyber security projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
- Customer interfacing experience and skills
- Must hold a current approved DoD approved 8570 Baseline certification at the IAT II level, such as Security+, CISSP, GSEC, etc. or be able to earn a certification within 6 months
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of cloud based systems, architectures and analytics development (Amazon Web Services, AWS)
- Experience with Tenable Nessus/Security Center/ACAS/EVSS; NASL (Nessus Attack Scripting Language) is a plus
- Experience with PKI, certificates, & 2-factor authentication
- Preparing for and conducting security testing for government witnesses
- Operating system hardening
- Experience with hardening COTS, FOSS, & custom components
- Developing/updating System Security Plans (SSPs) and supporting Certification and Accreditation documentation
- Installing security patches for vulnerability patching/remediation & DR work-off
- Supporting POAM definition & maintenance and mitigating identified vulnerabilities
- Familiar with systems engineering (SE), change management (CM), & system development life cycle (SDLC) processes
B.S. or Masters Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math fields or a technical degree obtained within the past 18 months or by Aug 2018.
This position can be a Salary Grade G06 or Salary Grade G07 based on the candidate's qualifications as it relates to the educational requirement for the position.Desired Certifications
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; Security+, GSEC, CISSP preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Engineering Technology, Integration and Test Engineering, College, All, Engineering, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85