Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence CommunityJob Description:
Raytheon is currently seeking an Entry-level Software Maintenance Engineer
to provide engineering support to maintain high-priority operational systems at a high level of availability and to resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance. Duties and Responsibilities include:
Performs software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Solaris, UNIX, and Linux under supervision. Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collection of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system. Works under supervision of peers and management.
- Accurately documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Supports system engineering groups for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Works with other maintenance engineers
- Works under pressure in restoring high-priority systems to operations
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II (Security+ CE) (minimum) certification
- Must have experience with C and C++ on LINUX and UNIX platforms.
- Must have the ability to evaluate LINUX or UNIX log files and assess error conditions, under supervision
- Must have the ability modify LINUX or UNIX scripts and configuration files, under supervision
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot software issues on Solaris, UNIX, and Linux platforms, under supervision
- Must have the ability to identify and isolate discrepancies to software, hardware, database, scripts or configurations, under supervision
- Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information
- Requires ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Must have the ability to modify or create configuration controlled software, test changes to verify requirements, and install builds in a controlled operational environment, under supervision
- Experience with UNIX and LINUX E1 and system administration skills
- Exposure to LINUX and UNIX platforms
- Exposure to VMS platforms
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
- Requires a BS Degree or 8 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Technical, Software Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85