Raytheon IIS is seeking a Sr. System Administrator to perform a variety of system administration and maintenance functions associated with monitoring and controlling LINUX and Windows computers hosting classified intelligence data and software applications. This work is in support of the DCGS Army. Location of work is Ft Carson, CO
Administrative operations include performing configuration changes, system backup and restore, troubleshooting, and user account administration. Other functions include maintaining system operational availability, supporting installations, developing solutions to technical issues, working with in-plant engineers to resolve discrepancy reports, providing on-the-job training to the system operators and supporting Unit maintenance tasking. Provide technical support of VMware systems. Position will require shift work.
Existing Department of Defense (DoD) TS/SCI security clearance
4 years of applicable experience including experience with and/or knowledge of:
. In-depth knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating System. Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008. Basic knowledge of Windows 7
. Bash shell language
· Host-client relationships
· Network design and configuration
· Previous experience working with the military in some capacity
· Must be willing and able to travel if required
· Willing to work up to 12 hours a day
Requires proven ability in any of the following:
· UNIX and/or Linux – 3+ years system administration
· Scripting – 3+ years writing test scripts or similar
· Experience with or knowledge of DCGS (Distributed Common Ground System) operations and VMware highly preferred.. Experience with MarkLogic databases .
Experience with Puppet or remote configuration management toolsCertification
· Security + - DoD 8570 certificationMust have the ability to get a US Passport.Required Education (including Major): BS with Computer or Systems Engineering related major and four years of relevant experience OR AS and 8 years experience OR 12 years of equivalent military and/or civilian experience in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85