Performs engineering tasks associated with new and ongoing software engineering projects and services in coordination with the Engineering Manager at the National Training Center (NTC) facility at Fort Irwin, California. Executes work assignments, updates task completion statuses, and ensures productivity, quality and internal and external client satisfaction goals and objectives are met. Develops solutions and supports mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for interventions and problem solving with project managers, fellow engineers and clients. Develops procedures for common tasks and activities such as system integration, testing, and installation. Troubleshoots complex system level problems and ensures timely resolution as well as directs others in performance of troubleshooting operations. Ability to perform various software maintenance tasks, such as system trouble shooting, code modification and enhancement. Performs various software maintenance tasks such as system trouble shooting, code modification and enhancement. Support software upgrades, installation and testing. Install software fixes and perform validation testing. Performs regular direct coordination with the customer. Communicate effectively with customers and internal leadership on progress and status.
- 6 years’ experience working software engineering projects.
- Able to obtain DoD 8570.01 compliance with one of the following certifications within 1 year of being hired
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Networks+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA CASP
- Experience with C/C++, C#, Java, and/or .NET Development.
- Preferred candidates will have depth of experience in computer systems architecture, system design of enterprise or domain level computer systems including hardware, software, and storage.
- Must be able to effectively interact daily with senior customer representatives.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field + 6 years participating in design and development activities. Fourteen years of equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education.Desired Education: Master’s Degree. Will consider 4 years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.Must be able to obtain and maintain a US SECRET Security Clearance
- Knowledge of the Consolidated Product-line Management (CPM) contract and related Live Training Transformation (LT2) software engineering activities.
- Direct experience with supporting information systems in the Live Training domain.
- Detailed understanding of both operational and systems support issues associated with the Warfighter FOCUS program.
- Experience with the LANDesk software system.
- Experience with Windows programming (C#, e.g.).
- Hardware development experience is not required, though experience working on projects including hardware development or integration is desirable.
- Certified Network Administrator (CCNA/SCNA or equivalent), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All, Software Engineering, Engineering, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85