Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence CommunityRaytheon is currently seeking a Computer Network Technologist who will be responsible for the ongoing administration and maintenance of network devices in a large complex Local Area Network. Ensures correct function of network switches/routers, monitors anomalous activity, reports, and supports resolution. Supports network engineering efforts for network enhancements, replacement of obsolete equipment, troubleshooting network problems, and performs network documentation and drawing updates. Previous experience configuring and maintaining network security monitoring tools to include Cisco ASA firewalls and Cisco Intrusion Detection Systems.The successful applicant will maintain and optimize the functional capabilities of the campus network and is required to support failure isolation and resolution, baseline changes, performance enhancements and upgrades to the network, as well as the maintenance and administration of network security devices.Working environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of network elements. This position requires very good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into network administration based actions and response. Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Provide network engineering support to high priority infrastructure/systems, internetwork devices; support will include installation, configuration, routine maintenance, and urgent troubleshooting efforts. Technical problems encountered are a mix of routine and sometimes difficult problems requiring a breadth in technical scope with little assistance and oversight
- Tasked with projects, status updates, briefings, and advising senior network engineers on enhancements, availability, and performance issues applicable to operations of the supported infrastructure
- Contribute to development of architectural solutions and enhancement of network capacity and capabilities. Assist Site and Enterprise Leads with development and refinement of process and procedures, and development and updating of standards documentation, to ensure continual improvement of ongoing network engineering service
- Monitor network operations and provide quick response and resolution to network outages using various network tools such as HP OpenView, SolarWinds, Cisco Works and Cisco Prime
- Implement & document modifications to the hardware and software configurations of the site network baseline in response to security and/or vendor support requirements
- Support both internal and external customers for the network aspect of any maintenance activities (troubleshooting, upgrades, and configuration changes)
- Coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders on the network integration for incoming installations, including participation in design reviews, evaluating network system architecture, assessing maintainability and security issues, supporting the installation of new systems into the baseline, and ensuring that installations adhere to configuration management policies and procedures
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification
- Must have a strong understanding of ports and protocols associated with installing, configuring and troubleshooting network devices
- Must have a strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols to include HRSP, STP, PIM, OSPF, BGP and MPLS
- Network security, administration and maintenance of Cisco and McAfee firewalls
- Must be available to support after hour call-ins
- Must have some knowledge of VRF-Lite
- Must be competent in technical writing to include Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Must have at least CCNA certification
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, JNCIA-M
- Configuration skills/experience with Juniper, or Cisco Blade (BNT) Switches, HP ProCurve devices
- Network analysis and monitoring tools, including Enterprise Monitoring using HP OpenView products
- Educational Requirements:
Requires a BS Degree and minimum of 4 years experience or 12 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
NOTE: This position will be either a Sr. Computer Systems Security Technologist I (G08) or Sr. Computer Systems Security Technologist II (G09) depending on the successful candidates experience and other qualifications.
Technical, Computer Science, Information Technology, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85