Maintains smooth operation of voice and data networks. Plans, evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and voice communications. Maintains technical expertise in network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning. Develops, tests and implements solutions that support current and future needs. Prepares and maintains appropriate network documentation.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- 4+ years of experience with configuring, installing and troubleshooting Cisco switches, routers including Cisco ASA 55xx series firewalls including IPS modules for ASA.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks to include IP addressing and subnetting and experience with DNS and DHCP.
- Strong knowledge of Virtual LANs and trunking protocol, ACLs, IPSec tunnels their implementation.
- Strong operation experience with configuring/troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls and VPNs
- Experience with SolarWinds (Network Performance Manager, Network Configurations Manager and IP Address Manager).
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaborative environment on complex technical problems, analyzing, evaluating and recommending best practice methods and processes
- Excellent oral communication skills, including ability to explain complex IT concepts and practices in non-technical terms.
- Organization and task management skills and experience.
- Experience with software defined networking technologies.
- Experience with configuring 802.11 wireless networks.
- Familiarity with complete system development life cycle from requirements gathering to design, testing, implementation and configuration management
- Direct customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems. Experience and professional certification such as: Security+, CCNA (routing/switching), Security +, Network+ and DoD 8570.1 certifications may qualify in lieu of degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Network Communications Research, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85