Raytheon is currently seeking a Systems Software Maintenance Engineer to provide 24x7 Tier-1 direct support for detection, isolation, and resolution of ground segment problems and serves as first responder for all site issues, requiring a broad level of knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise. Tier 1 level support duties include monitoring, recognition, evaluation, and correction of system and network problems. Support personnel will interface with external sites and/or system operators as required for real-time detection, isolation, and resolution of problems, and serve as backup support to engineering crew.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
· Interprets system documentation and records problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
· Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure
· Serves as a single point of contact for monitoring, troubleshooting, and anomaly resolution. Performs routine software functions as required.
· Escalates problems to Tier 2 level as required, perform call-ins as necessary
· Coordinates with any required resources across the enterprise to resolve operational issues
· Works with other 24x7 engineering crew across multiple locations providing enterprise level maintenance support, with high customer visibility into all actions and response
· Provides necessary mentorship, guidance, and training of entry level engineering crew
· This is a grade/level E01 position which requires a BS Degree in a related technical discipline and related knowledge or ability to troubleshoot operational systems supported by this program OR possess the equivalence of 8 years direct experience in lieu of a degree
· Must have a broad knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise
· Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crew-based actions and response
· Must be able to work a non-standard work week, weekends, and holidays; 12-hour shift work expected in support of 24x7 operations.
· Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance are required.Desired Skills:
· System administration experience to include UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms
· Experience with virtualization technologies and software such as VMware
· Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Management Systems to include HP OpenView, and CA based Concord
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Technical, All, Warfighter Support Services Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.