Job Description: The Electronics Technician II will support the customer at a facility located at Fort Polk, Louisiana. The Electronics Technician II position requires (a) the comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and theories characteristic of electronics such as a knowledge of basic electricity and electronic theory, (b) the ability to apply that knowledge to duties involved in engineering functions such as design, development, evaluation, testing, installation and maintenance of electronic equipment, and (c) a knowledge of the capabilities, limitations, operations, design characteristics, and functional use of a variety of types and models of electronic equipment and systems. Such knowledge is related to but less than a full professional knowledge of electronics engineering. Applicant will be responsible for performing monthly, semi-annual, and annual Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) to all assigned systems. Applicant will continuously monitor assigned equipment status and corrects faults in a timely manner. The Electronics Technician II records all repair, non-repair, and PMCS data into the information management system. The Electronics Technician II is required to work in confined crawl spaces and work non-standard workweeks. Applicant is required to manufacture and install various types of cables. The candidate will be responsible for hardware/software support in support of Network Operations (Netops). Applicant must have the knowledge to trace cables, troubleshoot circuits, and installation of analog, digital, and VoIP circuits. Applicant must have general knowledge of networking and other information technologies. The Electronics Technician II will be required to diagnose and troubleshoot any problems that are associated with the system and work with network administrators, and Senior Computer Network Technologist to resolve all issues.
- 2 years’ experience in technology, administration, and support.
- Experience with systems and networking protocols
- Experience with networking elements and architecture (routers, switches, hubs, etc)
- Experience with VoIP
- Knowledge of DoD/Army network system functions, roles, and responsibilities.
- Operational knowledge of voice and data protocols and standards
- Knowledge of Server/Client technologies
- Knowledge of protocol analyzers for QA testing of network equipment.
- Knowledge of AC/DC power systems to maintain and troubleshoot network equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of DOD Information Assurance standards:
- National Institute of Standard
- Technology Computer Security Standard
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- DOD Directive 8500.1, 8500.2
- Army Regulation 25-2
- Security+, CCNA certifications preferred or must be obtained within six months or hire.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- IT related certifications
- Experience working with security patching, and IA related duties.
- Experience and knowledge in licensing software.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service skills
Required Education (including Major):
- High School Diploma. Vocational or Technical Certification desired.
- IAT Level II Requirements must be met in accordance with DoD 8570.01-m (i.e. Security+ce) prior to hire
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. SECRET Security Clearance.
Active Secret Clearance is preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Technical, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85