U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a System Administrator with Cybersecurity focus in our Newport, RI office to implement and manage Risk Management Framework (RMF) based secure workstations, servers, and networks for our Sensor Systems group. Our dynamic team of engineers and scientists produces leading-edge solutions for a range of government customers in a technically challenging environment that values individual initiative and collaboration. BBN engineers solve real-world problems through the innovative application of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies across a varied range of technical domains. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering high quality, customer-focused solutions.
As part of this role the ideal candidate can expect to contribute to the following:
• Assist ISSM/IT Lead in managing all aspects of information systems security as it applies to the Risk Management Framework.
• Assist with the development, preparation, implementation, and maintenance of Information Systems; Security Plans, Protection Profiles, etc.
• Assist with regular audits to ensure authorized systems are being operated securely and computer security policies and procedures are implemented as defined in system security plans.
• Conduct investigations in anomalies found during audit trail analysis.
• Assist with regular vulnerability scans, improvements, and patching of Windows and Linux systems.
• Provide support for numerous standalone and network systems to include backs-ups, virus updates, patches, set-up of user accounts, password resets, adding/removing hardware and ensuring all security related documentation is completed as required.
• Ensures that personnel are trained on the information system prescribed security restrictions and safeguards before they are initially allowed access.
• Implements site procedures for marking, handling, and controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying media/equipment containing classified information.
• Current DoD Secret clearance is required.
• Experience with some or all of the following: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows Domains, Active Directory, and GPO's.
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux in a server environment.
• 2 years of prior experience working within Cybersecurity disciplines.
• Applicant must be willing to meet DoD 8570 Baseline Certification requirements for IAT Level II within 12 months of hire.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information System/Technology or related field; and minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience
• CompTIA Security + or CISSP certification.
• 2 years of experience in Red Hat and/or Windows 7/10 system administration strongly desired.
• Knowledge of DSS DAPPM and RMF requirements strongly desired.
• An active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance is strongly desired
• Experience with Government procedures and policies for classified documentation and systems, including Operations Security requirements.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Data Networking, Technical, All Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.