Raytheon IIS is seeking a Sr. System Administrator to perform a variety of system administration and maintenance functions associated with monitoring and controlling LINUX and Windows computers hosting classified intelligence data and software applications. This work is in support of the DCGS Army.Location of work is Iraq (with possible movement within CENTCOM AOR)
Administrative operations include performing configuration changes, system backup and restore, troubleshooting, and user account administration. Other functions include maintaining system operational availability, supporting installations, developing solutions to technical issues, working with in-plant engineers to resolve discrepancy reports, providing on-the-job training to the system operators and supporting Unit maintenance tasking. Provide technical support of VMware systems. Position will require shift work.
Existing Department of Defense (DoD) TS/SCI security clearance
Requires proven ability in any of the following:
- 6 years of applicable experience including experience with and/or knowledge of:
- In-depth knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating System
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008
- Basic knowledge of Windows 7
- Bash shell language
- Host-client relationships
- Network design and configuration
- Previous experience working with the military in some capacity
- Must be willing and able to travel if required (No travel now but some future travel may be)
- Willing to work up to 12 hours a day - 7 days per week
- There is a one mid-tour break form R&R
Required Education (including Major): BS with Computer or Systems Engineering related major and six years of relevant experience OR 14 years of equivalent military and/or civilian experience in lieu of a degree.
- UNIX and/or Linux – 6+ years system administration
- Scripting – 4+ years writing test scripts or similar
Experience with or knowledge of DCGS (Distributed Common Ground System) operations and VMware highly preferred.Experience with MarkLogic databases. Experience with Puppet or remote configuration management tools
· DoD 8570 certification minimum CompTIA Security + or greater (example: CISSP)
Must Possess a valid Passport at time of application
Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, All, Engineering, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85