This position is located in Huntsville, AL. This position is a multi-level position BD 52 Sr. Network Technologist I –G08 or BD53 Sr. Network Technologist II – G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and requirements for this position.
Must have an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET security clearance (must be adjudicated within the last 6 years) to be considered.Job Description
Provide IT Network Engineering in a secure classified environments supporting critical Raytheon Programs. This Engineer works to implement, support and maintain critical networking devices such as switches, routers, firewalls and type 1 encryption devices. Working as a team member in a fast paced technological environment. Help develop and implement new technologies based upon industry best practices. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems at a high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware and operating systems (OS). Work across IT functions to standardize processes and procedures. Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security compliance requirements. Provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures. Be a mentor to junior team members.
Join a high impact team to ensure the smooth operation of classified network infrastructure to be based in Huntsville, Alabama while supporting multiple Raytheon locations (Louisville, Camden and New Mexico Locations). Candidate must have a solid background supporting classified IT networks.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Upgrade existing Cisco Network hardware and software, such as switches, routers, firewalls and encryption devices
· Maintain and monitor network performance and manage infrastructure to assure high level of capability and effectiveness.
· Day to day maintenance of network hardware, VLAN configuration, port channels, etc.
· Work with program engineers to help resolve networking problems in tactical environments
· Propose solutions to management to ensure all network requirements are met based on future needs and propose innovative and cost saving solutions where appropriate
· Integrate and partner with customer to assist in deriving solutions to complex network infrastructure problems.
· Respond to user requests via online service request tracking system.
· Ensure Information Assurance compliance for network hardware and software.
· Assist in the overall performance and capability of technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing.Minimum Required Skills / Certifications
Highly Desired Skills:
- An active DoD Secret Clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field experience in lieu of degree and 4+ years of IT networking experience including many of the following: Solid working experience with Cisco and General Dynamics networking products and software
- Ability to obtain required Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 6 months of hire date
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with the following: IAVA, STIGs and government network security requirements to meet new RMF standards.
- Prior experience with network troubleshooting tools, Wireshark, snoop, TCPDump, etc
- Experience with Network encryption devices
- Familiar with TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operations
- Knowledge and experience using Information Technology project lifecycle
- Develop solutions and documentation to a variety of technical problems
- Ability to lead special projects and manage resources
- Ability to train others in standard IT processes and procedures
- Able to lift 15 pounds
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours
- Position may require some travel
- An active DoD Top Secret Clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years
- An active DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance or prior SCI/program eligibility
- Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification
- Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, and/or DoD/RMF
- Experience in Project Leadership, Management, or Project management in an IT domain
- Desire and ability to work as a contributing team member
- Effective customer and communications skills
- Ability to work under time constraints, self-starter, customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Familiarity with Classified Computing and Information Assurance best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong teaming skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Configuration Management, Information Technology, Network Communications Research, Engineering, All
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85