Security Clearance: None required.
Core Skillset: Strong fluency in Japanese language with knowledge of financial industry and technical terms. Ability to read, write, speak and work in dual language environment focused on equity valuations. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification strongly desired.
As a Research Associate, support coverage of publicly listed stocks of Japanese companies. Your research entails the careful study of individual companies and the global competitive dynamics of the industries in which they operate in order to identify high-quality, growing companies.
Support the current senior Japan Analyst by communicating with Japanese companies, translating notes, questions, company information, etc. at the request of colleagues, helping to maintain analyst earnings models, maintaining research data, and conducting performance attribution analysis.
The Research Associate position offers a curious and motivated individual the opportunity to develop his or her securities analysis abilities through continual interaction with experienced analysts and portfolio managers. The Research Associate will have frequent opportunities to contribute meaningfully from an early stage.
The Research Associate may be based in either our New Jersey (Metro NYC) office or in our London office.
• Strong command of Japanese business language (verbal/writing/reading)
• Good English speaking and writing skills
• Three or more years of experience working for or with Japanese companies
• Outstanding academic record from a notable university
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with expertise in Excel
• Keen quantitative skills, especially numeracy
• Ability and desire to undertake frequent overseas travel as responsibilities develop
• Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
• Firsthand experience working in Japan preferred
• Progress towards the CFA preferred