Raytheon has a job for a NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
near Dulles, VAJOB DUTIES:
Map network landscape, identify security problems (including misconfigurations) and provide solutions. Lead cost-effective short- and long-term efforts to dramatically improve visibility of network threats, vulnerabilities, and risk. Engage with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture. Contribute to securing the foundation for hundreds of thousands of Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web servers. Support other team members' efforts requiring deep understanding of routing, firewalls, VPN technologies, etc.REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Must be US citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
* 6-10 years of relevant work experience.
* Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and security implications
* Knowledge of IP networking and network security
* Enterprise Firewall, IDS/IPS experience
* Ability to create firewall policies for firewall deployment
* Experience validating, testing, and managing firewall rules
* Ensuring firewall security standards are met
* Firewall log analysis
* Network security documentation experience
* Has lead firewall/IDS/IPS/Proxy troubleshooting efforts, including log analysis and network captures/analysis
* Knowledge of network security appliances used for inspection of Email, SSL, DNS and URL
* Advanced experience with WAN connectivity including MPLS VPN, Multi-honed Internet, Metro Ethernet
* Extensive technical knowledge of systems engineering, networking, and network architectures.
* Some understanding of Linux and Windows system troubleshooting, integration, deployment, and administration
* Advanced understanding of router troubleshooting, integration, deployment, and administration
* Advanced knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF
* Advanced knowledge of VPN technologies including: Remote Access VPN, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN
* Understanding of load balancer integration
* Understanding of Web and application server integration, security, and troubleshooting
* Experience with standards-compliance (NIST, PCI, etc.)
* Experience evaluating systems and network devices and enterprise networks for IA/Security vulnerabilities
* Experience evaluating enterprise networks for vulnerabilities
* Advanced scripting experience in one of the following: PowerShell, bash/ksh/sh, Cisco IOS.sh, JunOS sh/csh, Perl, Tcl, or Lua
* Knowledgeable in the areas of Software Defined Networking (SDN), virtual switches, routers and firewalls, and SDN solutions offered by leading vendors.
* Knowledgeable in cloud architecture and computing.DESIRED SKILLS:
* Some familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools including, but not limited to, Kali Linux tools, Nessus, and Nmap
* Some experience with testing automation suites such as Selenium.
* Excellent writing skills
* Experience with the following vendor equipment is a plus: Cisco Routers/Switches/UCS, Blue Coat Proxy, FireEye Malware Protection, Gigamon Traffic Aggregator, NetScout Packet Capture, HP ArcSight, InofBox DNS FirewallREQUIRED EDUCATION:
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of additional related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS:
* DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II;
CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP) 108662
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Data Networking, Systems Engineering, Cyber, Security, Technical, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Hardware Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKCYB85