Raytheon is seeking an Information Management Support person to support its growing mission requirements and evolving processes for preserving and managing records. The Records Preservation Team plays a key role in a unit charged with safeguarding intelligence equities.
This position would be a great fit for anyone who is looking for an opportunity to grow with Raytheon and work on a long term contract. The culture and environment is extremely supportive, collaborative, and creative.
Compensation for top-talent based on experience, we are looking for top candidates as soon as possible. Position Summary
· Records Preservation Support Specialist to provide expertise in the Information
Management Services and Records Preservation Division.
· Standard core hours of operation are 0600 – 1630 hours Monday – Friday. Fulltime position 40 hours a week.
· The candidate must have a working and practical knowledge of job area of the customer organizations information management governance process and issues that impact record keeping systems, metadata, records retention and disposition, vital records, classification and
control markings, etc., to avoid delays in program schedules.
· Candidate is expected to be involved in continuous learning and maintain current on
technical job knowledge through attending courses and understanding the history of preserving specific classified documentation. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties of a Records Preservation Support Technician include but are not limited to the following, experience with these responsibilities is highly desired:
· Support the full scope of records collection, preservation, and management activities of the
Customer’s records regardless of the media type to achieve operational targets that directly impacts the Customer’s requirements.
· Requires knowledge of job area to ensure that records management and classification policies are in place for the Customer.
· Responsible for conducting inventories of inactive records collections to recommend the appropriate direction for the Customers Records Control Schedule (RCS).
· Determine temporary records and permanent records to improve management effectiveness. Identify and dispose of non-record material and records exceeding their retention in accordance with federal policy and procedures.
· Works independently to conduct preservation activities on records of permanent and Customer-designated historic value.
· Responsible for retiring inactive permanent and temporary records to the Customer’s records center.
· Enter all metadata for retired records in the Customer’s automated systems.
· Work on projects independently making appropriate enhancements in coordination with the Records Preservation Lead and the Records Preservation Specialist.
· Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/ assignments. Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments.
· Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area
· Requires practical knowledge of job area.
· Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of a broader set of issues but typically are not complex. Problems may require understanding of other job areas. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issue. Position Qualifications
· U.S. Citizenship is required as this position needs an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with
polygraph from day one
· Must be highly goal and detailed oriented, with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently under pressure
· Ability to communicate effectively with various management levels, processes problem solving skills and the ability to be proactive to delivering high quality services to all stake holders.
· Exceptional Interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to provide high level work that involves obtaining and/or providing information requiring explanation or interpretation to team members.
· Demonstrated experience developing excellent relationships with clients and technical teams.
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Must be able to work in a team environment Education
Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) or more years of relevant work experience, years of experience can be supplemented for a degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Contracts, Business Administration, Administrative Services/Support, Intelligence Analyst, Legal, All, Warfighter Support Services, Contracts and Supply Chain
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKINTIA