The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Capabilities and Technologies (C&T) group leads interdisciplinary applied research and development (R&D) for all of IIS. R&D ranges from concept development, trade studies, and rapid prototyping for customized engineering products and services. We develop solutions to solve customer needs as well as plan future capabilities and technology roadmaps.<?xml:namespace prefix="o"?>
Raytheon is looking to fill a technical position in Dulles, VA. The level and salary grade is contingent upon skillset, experience, and education. The candidate will join a small, agile group of engineers focused on applying state of the art computer vision (CV) and machine learning (ML) approaches to a variety of customer problems. Modern CV and ML approaches are inherently interdisciplinary, integrating concepts from Physics, Computer Science, Neuroscience, Data Science, among other fields. Therefore, the candidate must be capable of working across technical fields to integrate multi-disciplinary concepts. The candidate must be capable of communicating ideas and concepts to a variety of stakeholders through whitepapers, presentations, and/or computer code. The candidate must be able to code.
This position can be a G07 or G08 based on education, experience and skillset.
- Must be a US citizen with a Security Clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance.
- 2-4 years of work experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrable experience in a higher-level programming language such as C/C++, Python, or Java (code samples and/or projects will be required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will be expected to research and develop new concepts and then articulate and defend those concepts to the rest of the team.
- Image processing background is required for mid-level positions
- A college major or concentration in fields related to Data Science, Machine Learning, and/or Artificial Intelligence techniques is highly desirable
- Ability to work in fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience with one or more scientific analysis and prototyping environments such as SciPy/NumPy stack, R, or MATLAB.
- Experience and portfolio projects available via GitHub, GitLab, etc. are highly desired (please provide links with resume).
- Existing TS/SCI clearance strongly preferred.
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Electrical Engineering or similar quantitative focused degree. Advanced degree preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Engineering Technology, Data Networking, Systems Engineering, Cloud Computing, Cyber, Information and Knowledge Systems, Intelligence Analyst, Technical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Machine Learning, Network Communications Research, Sensor Systems, Software Engineering, All, Engineering, Research & Development, Warfighter Support Services Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKINTIA