As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, the qualified candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can work with other engineers to resolve technical problems, establish approaches for solutions, and complete mechanical scope of work. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, manufacture, integration and test of various types of infrared focal plane assemblies with considerations in thermal and structural performance in vacuum and cryogenic environments. Familiarity with CREO/Pro Engineer or a similar CAD tool and a good grasp of drawing standards is strongly recommended. The candidate will also be responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for the finished product. The candidate will work with minimal direction or supervision while exercising considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of the assignment. The position will require frequent interaction with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional engineering experience in mechanical design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development from concept to production release of mechanical, electrical and optical packaging. Experience with a gate release process for product development. Experience with machine shop(s), manufacturing, and assembly techniques
- Minimum of 5 years of literacy and experience with Pro Engineer or similar CAD tool
- Proficiency with Geometric, Dimensional & Tolerance. Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mechanical design, manufacture and processes
- Experience with support roles with design and mechanical applications in Integrated Product Teams that include other engineering disciplines such as Electrical, Systems, and Manufacturing Engineering
- Specific experience in space flight hardware and/or military product applications and environments
- US Citizenship is required, ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Knowledge in the design of products and tooling used in applications requiring high reliability and extended life. Manufacturing/Operations assembly and testing experience. Knowledge of cryogenic and vacuum packaging. Knowledge in the design of infrared products. Low cost infrared FPA packaging design (commercial and military). Knowledge and experience in Earned Value Management
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science or related professional experience
- Educational or experience background in either Material Science, Thermodynamics, or Structural Analysis
- Ability to read detailed engineering drawings, specifications and an understanding of Geometric, Dimensional & Tolerance per ASME Y14.5-2009
- Knowledgeable in quality management systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100, and/or CMMMI
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Intelligence Analyst, All
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKINTIA