The Secure Sensor Solutions (S3) Business Development Operations Manager reports directly to the S3 Business Development Executive (BDE). In this role, the S3 BD Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for weekly/monthly/quarterly activities including business management of S3 NBI budget; monitoring and reporting of bookings and pipeline; SAS Ops meeting attendance, BD metrics; coordination and management of periodic BD reports, whitepapers and data requests by the SAS and S3 LT. This position has interaction with the SAS BD staff (dotted line to SAS BD Ops), S3 Leadership staff, S3 BDE and team, S3 Product Line Director’s and staff.
The financial responsibilities include management of all S3 BD financial requests to SAS, monitoring and management of S3 NBI, and assistance with capital, IRAD and business case planning. This role is the “right hand person” of the BDE to ensure all internal activities in support of the BDE and his/her team are run well so the rest of the team can remain focused on customers and winning capture strategies and proposals. As the “tactician” to ensure the S3 BDE’s strategic intent is delivered, this position will support the BDE in driving bookings and pipeline results and efficient NBI expenditure. Monitoring and validation of data to support BD metrics (e.g., bid efficiency, proposal submit data)
With the introduction of the corporate pipeline management tool (E-RPM) into SAS, the BD Operations Manager will be required to also facilitate and monitor use and data analytics from this tool, including monitoring and management of MA Pipeline to ensure integrity of the data, growth in 3:1 pipeline goal, and required records are being captured (e.g., Gates, Events/Activities) in E-RPM. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordination and support of BD deliverables such as whitepapers, New Business Assessment (NBA) inputs, Focused Pursuit Reviews (FPR), IR/PRA Planning, and other related requests
- Support and drive change for S&BD strategic initiatives within the MA
- Support customer visits, events and trade show planning for MA, leveraging Customer Intelligence Analyst (CIA) for high-level and/or cross-MA engagements
- Support Collaborative Agreement Proposal (CAP)
- Support of domestic and international reps & consultants, and international due diligence
This position will also act for the BDE at times in gates, staff meetings, etc. in his/her absence. This position also shares best practices and lessons learned for BDE support with its peer positions supporting the BDEs of the other SAS mission areas.
At times this role will provide “surge support” for the BDE and his/her team when needed for color teams, gates, strategic dialogue proposals, etc.Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrated strong team member and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a face paced, dynamic environment with time criticality
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to customers and senior leadership; ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of management and the customer
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent, able to energize organizations to achieve beyond expectations
- Business acumen and ability to influence team behaviors to achieve results
- Customer interface experience such as presenting program status utilizing business and project management tools and procedures such as IPDS, EVMS, IMS/IMP, Risk Management, Financial Forecasts and EAC
- Working knowledge of IPDS
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to access to US only data systems
Required Education (including Major):
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience in a Program Leadership / Business Development / Finance environment / Engineering or 8 years and a Master’s Degree
- Strong Excel and Data Base skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Six Sigma Qualified
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field. Desired:
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. 109126
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Business Development, All
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
JBRaytheon ICJBMeta // SKINTIA