The Global Positioning System AdvancedControl Segment (GPS OCX) Raytheon team is responsible for full life cycleengineering on state of the art environmental, commercial, & sensingsystems for government & commercial applications.GPS OCX is seeking a talented softwareengineer to join our software team.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX="O"?>
Candidates must be a US Citizen and holdan active DoD Secret Security Clearance. Responsibilities include planning andperforming software test automation involving definition and implementation oftest and verification requirements, plans and sequences relative to complexsoftware and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.Participate in software automated test readiness reviews, participate insoftware design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.Apply understanding of principles of related engineering and softwaretechnology to ensure test validity and integrity. Conduct software automatedtests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language,database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration managementtechniques.General supervision isreceived from a designated supervisor. Limited supervision is received throughperiodic review or objectives and results from a designated manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering orrelated scientific discipline with minimum 6+ years of software engineeringexperience
· Hands on user experience with TestAutomation tools (eggPlant or Cucumber)
· Experience preparing and presentingreports and briefings both orally and written
· Knowledge or experience with WebServices and Object Oriented design
· Ability to work in a collaborative,multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
· Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills
· 6+ years of experience in thefollowing:
- Object-oriented softwaredesign and development using Java, including JUnit unit testing
- JEE / J2EE experience, including ApplicationServer (JBoss, Weblogic, etc.), Java Persistence
- Architecture (JPA), Springframework
- Developing scripts to support test effortsfor the software build cycles
- Preparing test proceduresand test procedure execution
- Utilizing discrepancy report systems
- Working within IntegratedProduct Teams
- Specifying test verificationrequirements
· Must be willing to travel short termfor business
· Must be willing to work overtime andweekends
· Must be willing to work rotating shiftassignments (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
· Must be a US Citizen and hold anactive DoD Secret Security Clearance
Required Education:Bachelor's degree in ComputerScience, Engineering or a related scientific discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.