Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Job Description:Raytheon currently has an opportunity for a qualified and experienced RF Systems/Hardware Engineer to provide engineering analysis, baseline management, maintenance, integration, and development support. This position will report to the program's lead engineer and will be responsible for ensuring successful operation, maintenance, and sustainment of the hardware associated with a complex high priority operational communications system. Responsibilities also include establishing requirements for new software and system hardware enhancements, supporting development efforts for new capabilities, and development and refinement of operational/engineering process and procedures.
The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will be expected to support troubleshooting, documenting, and resolving system outages and other issues that may be encountered during operation of the system. This includes the collection of diagnostic data, accurately documenting problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools, restoring system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of the system. The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will provide support to include store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis and troubleshooting of system capabilities and requirements; Utilize analytic devices such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for troubleshooting; Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications; Support the generation of concept of operations and provide recommendations for system architecture.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in aspects of RF system design, integration, test and installation with a Bachelor’s Degree or 14 years in lieu of a degree
- Proficient use of Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes
- Experience generating, analyzing, tracking, and managing requirements
- Experience with RF systems engineering developing and maintaining schematics, analysis, block diagrams, system Bill of Materials (BOMs), and design review packages
- Must be able to apply previous knowledge and experience to provide recommendations for development of new operational concepts, architecture, and to increase efficiencies within the existing system
- Must be able to provide occasional after hour call-in support
- Must be able to support occasional travel (both CONUS and OCONUS). Must be able to support emergency repair trips with little or no advanced notice.
- Highly articulate with strong written and verbal communications skills
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience working with vendors for the timely repair of critical operational hardware
- Experience upgrading hardware supported by Windows and Linux based systems
- Previous experience working with systems supported by Linux operating systems
BS Degree in a technical field and 6 years of experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum required education is a B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, physics, or related engineering degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Information and Knowledge Systems, Systems Engineering, Technical, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All