The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business has many exciting programs currently under development with key programs located in Aurora, Colorado.
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services Program Engineering Team is the central focus for concept development, trade studies, systems architecture development, and systems integration and test activities for customized engineering services and products developed in the Aurora engineering facility. We lead the development of solutions to solve customer needs as well as plan future capabilities and technology roadmaps.
The Apex Program Engineer (PE)
is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution of all engineering tasks within their assigned program. The PE is the Engineering point of contact for the Program Manager as well as the point of contact for all program functional staff. Due to the size and complexity of the Apex program this position is in support of the Lead PE, and as such the candidate will be called upon to support the Lead PE in the following areas:
- Responsible for overall Engineering execution within the program, having decision authority over all Engineering activities.
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) at authorized levels.
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering matters.
- Manage overall budget and schedule for program Engineering tasks. Works closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule and cost are being met.
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion (EAC) for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk.
- Oversee and manage the Risks and Opportunities execution across the program. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities.
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the Enterprise.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring.
- B.S./B.A and at least 10 years’ experience as a Program Manager (minimally certified at Level 5), Program Engineer, and/or as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead on a major program.
- Must hold and maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with a strong focus on Large Scale Software Development, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Executive level communication skills.
- Significant experience working with suppliers in technical and/or programmatic oversight role.
- • Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle.
- Significant experience in Risk and Opportunity management.
- Experience with SW execution throughout the entire SW life cycle, experience in object-oriented SW design, development, preparing & presenting status & technical information.
- Experience with emerging SW methodologies, including agile methods and the incorporation of tools and principles (i.e. continuous integration) to reduce defects, increase software productivity, and improve maintainability.
- Experience with leading/supporting Process Improvement activities on large programs working directly with senior level leadership teams and Program Directors.
Education (including Major):
- Risk and Opportunity Certification
- Prior experience with Apex legacy domain
- R6 Sigma Specialist Qualified/R6 Sigma Expert Certified
- Experience as a Technical Subcontracts Manager (TSM) or Program Subcontracts Manager (PSM)
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math (or equivalent experience). Preference for a Master’s degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Business Administration, Business Development, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, General Management, Program Management, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All, Program Planning/Scheduling