Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) supports national security objectives by providing comprehensive technical, analytical and operational support to the intelligence community. Key Capabilities include:
Cyber and Special Missions (CSM) mission area integrates cyber threat management and intelligence capabilities. We deliver integrated, large scale, highly complex solutions across the full spectrum of defense, intelligence and cybersecurity problems facing our customers. Key Capabilities include
- Develop, integrate and deploy large-scale, high-performance SIGINT, GEOINT and Multi-INT systems
- Provide large-scale information processing, information integration and visualization systems for intelligence, satellite and space-based programs for commercial and intelligence customers
- Support, and maintain intelligence systems for customers worldwide
- Develop, modernize and manage critical infrastructure and applications for the intelligence customers
- Thought leadership in constellation management, common ground and integrated enterprise management solutions
IIS SW engineers are developing next generation, cutting-edge, extensible framework for Mission Management, Mission Planning and Scheduling, and Flight Dynamics. Our complex domain requires innovative solutions to meet evolving customer needs. On these programs you will work with teams of talented engineers to develop and improve advanced algorithms that handle large data sets with complex constraints.
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Predictive analytics and cyber intelligence
- Vulnerability research and assessments
- Computer network defense
- Cyber hardening
- Managed security services
- Proactive and dynamic defense
The IIS Software Discipline at their Raytheon-Aurora location is seeking Software Architects for several programs supporting proprietary customers. The programs are supporting new development and maintenance of existing software, as well as production support. The candidate must have experience with object-oriented methodologies.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate may include:
- Providing architecture trade-offs, definition (including identifying key quality attributes and architecture and design patterns), and documentation, preliminary design, and detailed design planning
- Defining SW tasks & schedules
- Ability to interact with customers and users effectively and professionally
- Ability to mentor developers on development lifecycle
- Object-oriented Java/C++ design, coding and mentorship
- Ability to troubleshoot software problems and provide solutions
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
- Communication of complex and diverse engineering topics
- Ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
- Minimum 10 years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using Java or C++
- Experience with the entire software lifecycle (architecture through production phases)
- Must have at least 2 years of software architecture experience.
- Must be familiar with object-oriented techniques.
- Experience in system requirements analysis, allocating to software requirements, and deriving new requirements
- Familiarity with idioms, architecture patterns and design patterns, in particular those important to cloud and automated test and automated deployment
- Knowledge of software modeling tools
- United States Citizen
- Active TS/SCI SSBI level clearance
Required Education: Bachelor of Science. Preferred majors: Computer Science, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering. Equivalent experience acceptedOHCA091417
- Formal Software Architecture certifications and/or training
- Expert knowledge of writing software documentation
- Experience with architecting systems with COTS hardware and software
- Experience estimating cost of and applying 12 Factor App to legacy systems
- AWS Experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, General Engineering, Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All