Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
The Computer Technologist will perform system administration and support of operating systems and networks. Information technology support includes but is not limited to UNIX, LINUX, Windows operation systems on TCP/IP based networks.
Duties include: Monitoring and maintaining computer configurations and performance; Working with engineering and operations teams to troubleshoot and support systems in a 24x7 operating environment; Performing Operating System and hardware upgrades; Testing and installing computer security patches and configurations; Creating and maintaining system reconstitution procedures; Performing periodic system backups; Developing and implementing scripts to improve system performance and maintainability; Maintain system documentation, configuration documents, user guides and troubleshooting procedures.
- Must be US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II (or higher) certification
- BS Degree preferably in Information Technology related degree and at least 2 years of related work experience or 10 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must be willing to provide off hour call in support
- Solid understanding of network communications and configurations
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include: user management, system monitoring, patch evaluation and implementation using YUM, system auditing, and implementing security relevant system configurations.
- Experience with support and maintenance of large-scale systems comprised of hardware and software elements
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Must be a self-starter, capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal supervision
- Knowledge in any/all of the following scripting languages: Bourne, Perl, Korn, Bash, Awk
- Knowledge in any/all of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic
- System Administrator experience with any/all of the following Operation Systems: Solaris, LINUX, VXWorks, and Windows
- Knowledge in ORACLE Database technologies
- Experience with computer security related technologies and applications (PKI certificates, SSH, NESSUS, auditd, etc.)
Required Education (including Major):
- BS Degree preferably in Information Technology related degree, or equivalent related work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All