Reporting to the IIS Software Engineering Director this Software Department Manager will be responsible for directing, allocating, and managing IIS Software Engineering resources to meet engineering and business objectives for the GPS OCX program. Responsibilities:
- Manage a 200+ member SW engineering department, primarily supporting GPS OCX program, through effective supervision and leadership of section managers and software engineers.
- Provide software technical support for new business capture, execution oversight of development and sustainment programs, workforce planning and development of personnel assigned to the department.
- Ensure technical efficiency and validity of cost estimates and delivery schedules for all proposals supported by this Department so that the best competitive bids can be provided.
- Deploy Raytheon Engineering, IIS Engineering, and IIS Software initiatives across programs within the Department.
- Coordinate, with IIS SW organization, collection, analysis, and reporting of all Raytheon Engineering, IIS Engineering, and IIS Software Engineering measures.
- Coordinate analysis of GPS OCX Software measures.
- Support Engineering Program Reviews to ensure software process and metrics are being used appropriately and to identify risk and mitigation opportunities to ensure process execution success.
- Support career development of the engineers within the GPS OCX Software Department by conducting performance reviews of Department Staff; assessing / assigning performance ratings; generating / reviewing achievement awards; and creating salary merit and promotion plans.
- Support organizational workforce planning, to including supplying and developing skilled Software engineers to enable execution success and new business growth.
- Coordinate initial R6s cycles of learning for all new hires within the department.
- Manage Department expenses consistent with the Department budget goals and objectives.
- Ensure all engineers within the Department follow IIS Engineering development processes.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and processes at a level necessary to efficiently monitor progress, plan for technical growth of engineers, and provide support for new business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or other relevant technical discipline.
- 12+ years of progressively responsible experience in engineering and/or program management.
- Experience as either an Integrated Product Team Lead or a Cross Product Team Lead, with responsibilities for software development within a large scale development program.Ability to lead a large team of engineers (200+) with the proven ability to organize and manage multiple, complex, and time-critical activities.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor 10 or more members of Department staff.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare efficient and valid cost estimates, delivery schedules, and technical solutions on winning proposals.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System.
- Experience with staffing and hiring processes.
- Experience with proposal preparation.
- Ability to articulate strategies in a clear, concise and decisive manner.
- Existing Secret (or higher) with the ability to obtain a TS/SSBI clearance.
- Familiarity with SEI CMMI process requirements
- Experience bidding and oversight of Firm Fixed Price (FFP) programs.
- Experience working on International programs.
- A passion for identifying areas of improvement in SW technology and execution.
- Experience dealing with Information Assurance and Cyber Security.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All