Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon is currently seeking a Windows System / Oracle Database Administrator and Maintainer, that will maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability, and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Windows server 2008/2012, VMware, Citrix, and other related systems
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of Oracle databases.
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains database security and integrity controls.
- Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyze and document performance and conduct trend analyses as required
- Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II (minimum) Certification
- Experience in Windows / Oracle Systems Administration working with customers in technical operations or engineering
- Experience configuring domain information utilities, such as Active Directory, Centrify, LDAP, and/or DNS
- SQL experience
- Strong background and experience troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Experience presenting technical information to customers, clients and/or internal audiences
- A thorough understanding of operating system concepts such as swapping and paging, inter-process communication, and devices and device drivers
- The ability to work effectively with frequent and direct customer interaction in a real-time operational environment
- The ability to work under pressure in restoring high priority systems back to operations
- Working at a customer facility and with the customer daily requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities
- Ability to write PERL, python, and shell scripts
- Familiarity with storage products from Oracle/Sun/STK, EMC, IBM, NetApp, and/or DDN
- Administrative experience with Windows 7, Server 2008+, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Thin Client environment, MS Exchange, PowerShell scripting, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) compliance, application support, end user support, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), network support, backups, baseline OS development and SQL experience.
- Requires a BS Degree and minimum of 6 years experience or 14 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All