Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Job Description:Member of a cross-discipline specialist engineering team responsible for system problem/anomaly resolution support, data trending and performance analysis. The team also provides program expertise on engineering subsystems, maintains a baseline of operational products and provides operations certification training. Assignments can involve a combination of systems analyst and training related tasks. Analyst tasks and responsibilities will include the development and improvement of operations processes/products, investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures, supporting the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks, and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations, with the customer, and with our external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks. Selected analysts provide on-call support to lead the resolution of system issues. Training tasks and responsibilities include development, maintenance and upgrades to operational training materials, and system simulator products. Training tasks may include providing classroom lecture and system simulator training. The position might require certification in at least one certified operator position and may involve working periodic crew shifts to maintain proficiency (12 hr rotating shifts). Must be able to work as an effective member of a badge less team, be self-motivated and work under minimal supervision while coordinating and performing assigned tasks.
Must have a BS degree in an engineering or scientific discipline plus (Requires a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, 12 years without a degree).
- Demonstrated background in one or more relevant engineering disciplines
- Ability to develop and maintain operational procedures, products and training materials
- Good presentation, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under general supervision
- Ability to work periodic rotating shift hours (12 hour shifts)
- Ability to provide 1hr on-call support (1week every 6-10 weeks)
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages (especially TCL/TK and/or PERL)
- Work within a multi-contractor badge less Team environment
- Proficient using MS Office
- Self-motivating with the ability to proactively complete assigned tasks
- Experience coordinating and leading teams through problem resolution processes
- An understanding of large systems and the engineering change process
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF), Digital, Power, Thermal, Control and/or communication systems design and operational use.
- Familiarity with Matlab and/or Python
- Ability to Travel, short trips 1-10 times per year
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace)
U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Systems Engineering, Technical, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All