Job Description:The Software Engineer will be an active member of a small team performing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on a data processing system. This system supports critical customer tests located at the customer’s facility. The system is comprised of Oracle/SUN services, HP PCs, EMC Network Attached storage, and custom and off-the-shelf hardware networked together. The system performs data analysis, data filtering, and provides statistical information and/or raw data to the users.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performing daily system checks to ensure optimum system performance
- Performing data analysis through a web-based graphical user interface and/or using offline tools, scripts, or other programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Writing or modifying scripts to improve operator and/or system efficiency; adding new functionality; fulfilling analyst and customer requests; and/or correcting script errors
- Briefing users and customer on the system
- Performing system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Updating/Modifying MySQL database tables as needed
- Performing system administration on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems
CANDIDATES PLEASE NOTE: Program requires O&M personnel to wear a pager during test periods lasting five to seven months. Pager duty is rotated among the team members during test support periods.
- Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance. Also, candidate must be willing to take a customer polygraph (CI or FS).
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Red Hat Linux
Required Education:Minimum 2 years’ work experience and Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 10 years of additional related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Obtain Security+ certification.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Engineering Technology, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All