Raytheon is seeking a System Administrator with strong Windows administration background to join our team in developing and maintaining systems in a classified environment.
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance.
This position can be and G08 or G09 based on education, experience and skillset
- Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration of Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7/10 with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications.
- 2+ years of experience administering VMware
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting
- Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, McAfee ePO, Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience with scripting, particularly in PowerShell
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be able to travel 20% for installation support
- Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
- Required to provide pager (on-call) support
- Must have an active CompTIA Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification or willing to acquire one on your own within 6 months of your start date.
- Experience with automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
- Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
- Basic Linux knowledge with ability to grow skills
- Basic Network knowledge
- Familiar with version control systems such as git, IBM Rational Team Concert, etc.
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Linux and Windows integration tools (Centrify, Samba, etc.)
- Installation and management of fiber channel switches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: SSBI - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All