Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
“We’re developing capabilities that will bring constellation utilization to the next level,” said Brian Norris, the M2C2 program director.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business Unit is seeking an infrastructure architect to support the design lead for an infrastructure build automation team. The qualified candidate will support the compute resources service owner responsible for defining, designing, and delivering specific infrastructure functionality to support the overall system design. A private cloud based on VMware is the platform on which the system is based, and the overall system is a critical, strategic national asset comprised of several interrelated and complex compute environments.
• Design and implement private cloud environments, or upgrade existing environments, using existing and new hardware resources as needs dictate
• Design and implement the P2V transition, inclusive of determining the compute resources required. This will involve trade studies and vendor selection studies to deliver the most cost-effective solutions
• Coordination of the service design across teams such that all engineering groups are provided with the services they require
• Communication with management concerning risks and performance, availability, or security issues
• Contribute to IA hardening plans for bare metal, hypervisor and VMs in the system
• Plans for future enhancements within the constraints of program change management processes
This position may require some on call support and overtime as well as limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support. An Active U.S. Security Clearance (Secret) is required as of day one of employment. US Citizenship required.
Note: Candidates with a current US Government Secret Security Clearance (or higher) are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon
• Must possess a current US DoD Secret or higher clearance (US citizenship required)
• Experience in designing private cloud architectures, especially in the area of compute servers and VMs
• Proficiency in matching system requirements (specific user or VM requirements) to compute capabilities (RAM, single-threaded speed, total throughput) and the knowledge and ability to select specific types of compute servers to meet those requirements.
• Experience with the architecture, design and integration of infrastructure services built using COTS and FOSS products
• Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to management
• General working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
• Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DR’s, CR’s, and IR’s written with ClearQuest
• Proficient working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization (VMware)
• The ability to effectively plan and delegate workloads
- 8 years of related work experience required
• Background in COTS product installation
• Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for both O/S builds and software installation and configuration
• Experience with DISA STIGs
• Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
• Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
Required Education (including Major):
B.S./B.A. in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering and 8 years of related work experience or 16 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All