This position’s primary role is to install, upgrade, and support storage features and functions across the Windows and Linux platforms. The Storage & Backup Administrator implements and troubleshoots storage devices to protect the integrity and availability of information systems infrastructure. They will be responsible for daily operational governance with service providers for second level operational support, replace and configure end of life equipment, and upgrade the infrastructure based on capacity and lifecycle for management projects. They will participate in the storage design and implement configurations to meet program and customer needs. The construction of a reliable and high-performing storage and backup system requires a thorough understanding of storage best practices, demonstrated configuration control management, and discipline working on a production system while supporting the needs of various mission-critical users.This position can be a G08 or G09, based on education, experience and skillset.Required Skills:
- Must be a US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor Degree with 4+ year’s applicable experience.
- Wide knowledge base in multiple operating system environments (e.g. Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server 2008)
- Strong background in Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS); EMC VNX, XtremIO, Data Domain, Avamar and Networker appliances.
- Strong background in system backups such as VERITAS NetBackup Enterprise Server 7.6 and Tape Libraries
- Experience background in networking and Fiber Channel Zoning
- Recent experience in a classified environment sufficient to support helping pass DSS audits.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations and to coordinate / collaborate with team members.
- Ability to remain productive and accomplish assignments on schedule in a dynamic infrastructure with changing priorities.
- Ability to travel when required approximately 10%
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations
- Position requires occasional after hours, on call and weekend support
Required Education:BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to implement COTS OS, products following a baseline configuration
- Knowledge of DoD 8500.1, DIACAP, DITSCAP, NISPOM environments.
- Administration of Active Directory services, LDAP.
- Administration of VMware vSphere Clusters and vCenter Servers.
- Knowledge of CISCO UCS
- Working knowledge for AWS and SoftNas
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), or CompTIA
- Microsoft MCSE Server Infrastructure or MCITP Enterprise Admin
- Linux+ certification.
- CompTIA: Security+
- Other industry certifications (Security+, CISSP, Windows, Solaris, ITIL).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber, Data Networking, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All