Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
“We’re developing capabilities that will bring constellation utilization to the next level,” said Brian Norris, the M2C2 program director.
Every day, satellites capture the comings and goings of nations around the world. These images provide the missing piece to the puzzle that helps to keep the nation safe and our troops out of harm’s way.
Efficient and effective constellation management of various types of satellites is an enterprise challenge and one that Mission Management Command and Control, a proprietary program in the Global Intelligence Solutions Mission Area tries to solve.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business Unit is seeking a qualified candidate to serve on our storage services delivery team. The candidate will responsible for developing and delivering storage services in multiple computer environments that provide the backbone for product development, test, and delivery for a large Raytheon project. The candidate will take an active role in designing, planning, scheduling, and completing storage-related tasks using automation to implement storage services builds. In addition, the position is responsible for planning future improvements and fixes in accordance with project change management processes. The role requires coordination with other service delivery teams and communication with management on risks and/or performance, availability or security issues. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, plan effectively to complete tasks, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. This position may require some on call support and overtime, occasional after-hours availability, as well as limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support. An Active U.S. Security Clearance (Secret) is required as of day one of employment. US Citizenship is required,
Responsibilities of this position include:
Note: Candidates with a current US Government Secret Security Clearance (or higher) are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by RaytheonRequired Skills
- Full life cycle ownership (requirements, design, checkout, verification) of storage and backup services
- Maintain the design in the program documentation including SAN, NAS, hard disk and solid state hardware as well as the physical storage configurations and how storage is presented to the system
- Define the functions of the service and work with test engineers to support of functional checkout
- Develop and maintain backup strategies, policies, and configurations, using backup servers, tape libraries and other backup targets
- Participate in and contribute to trade studies to ensure the program’s capacity, throughput, and latency storage requirements are met
- Maintain contact with vendors for hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
- Lead and work with IT personnel for implementation of storage configurations
- Support storage service troubleshooting activities
- Must possess an active US Government DoD Secret or higher clearance and US Citizenship
- Experience working with datacenter storage systems, including the storage system itself (primarily EMC), and NAS and SAN protocols for accessing data
- knowledge of Fibre Channel configurations in storage hardware (HBAs), fibre channel switches, tape libraries and servers, including multipath configurations
- Understanding of enterprise backup architecture, emphasizing NetBackup Enterprise Server, NetBackup for VMware, and NetBackup DB integration capabilities
- Working knowledge of networks and virtualization
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with different engineering organizations to achieve the best designs while meeting schedule milestones
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 2008 (or later) Server and Linux/Unix
- 6 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of the Raytheon requirements and change management processes
- Experience with automation design and implementation using Chef and Ruby (or similar products) for O/S builds, software installation, and system updates
- Experience automating infrastructure builds using Unix/Linux command-line shell scripts
- Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DR’s, CR’s, and IR’s written in ClearQuest
- Experience with DISA STIGs and system hardening
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby)
- Background in COTS product installation and integration
B.S./B.A. in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering and 6 years of related work experience or an additional 8 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All