Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community Raytheon is seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer to join an existing team that develops modifications and enhancements to existing software systems. The successful candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering object-oriented technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot system anomalies related to software, system configuration, network interfaces and operating system issues
• Coordinate software installs/upgrades with adherence to Configuration Management (CM) procedures and policies
• Software architecture design, development and testing
• Develop/maintain system tools and documentation as required
• Required: U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret security clearance are required.
• Must have experience with UNIX and Linux
• Must have experience with Java and C++ in a UNIX/Linux environment as well as windows based software development environments.
• Must have demonstrated problem solving skills
• Requires ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Must be able to perform all aspects of the software development lifecycle to include requirements definition and design, Use Case development, software development, testing and maintenance
• Requires PCR/DR (Software Defect) work off experience from submission of a defect through verification of a DR fix. Works within the bounds of previously defined architecture and software implementation.
• Must have the ability to provide a variety of technical solutions for a wide range of difficult problems
• Must have demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly communicate with inner-organizational and customer contacts
• Experience with Agile Software methodology
• Requires one of more of the following: experience with Python, Ada, C, Simulation Real Time Operating Systems, integration of software components and software builds on satellite ground systems or related architectures.
• Desired experience on simulation domain products, implementations, or platforms.
• Requires performance individually and as part of a team. May be required to lead technical work off efforts with other software, systems, and test engineers.
Required Education: BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years of object oriented software development– OR – possess the equivalent of 16 years direct experience in-lieu of a degree Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
U.S. Citizenship and an active secret security clearance required. 109071
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All