Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg“We’re developing capabilities that will bring constellation utilization to the next level,” said Brian Norris, the M2C2 program director.
Every day, satellites capture the comings and goings of nations around the world. These images provide the missing piece to the puzzle that helps to keep the nation safe and our troops out of harm’s way.
Efficient and effective constellation management of various types of satellites is an enterprise challenge and one that Mission Management Command and Control, a proprietary program in the Global Intelligence Solutions Mission Area tries to solve.Job Description:
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business Unit has many exciting
programs currently under development in the Navigation and Environmental
Solutions (NES) Mission Area with key programs located in Aurora, Colorado. The
Raytheon team is responsible for full life cycle engineering on state-of-the-art environmental, commercial, and sensing systems for government and commercial applications. These projects include Joint Polar Satellite Systems (JPSS), James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), Earth Observation Systems
(EOS), GPS advanced operational control segment (GPS-OCX) and other exciting
programs.Note: Candidates with a current US Government Secret Security Clearance (or higher) are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by RaytheonPosition Description:
The candidate will join the Raytheon Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering (HW&I) team. Responsibilities include developing detailed design solutions for the system infrastructure (network, storage, and compute service) for new and revised systems. The position will require generation of detailed design artifacts including drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to prepare design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, parts list and other related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications. Duties may also include preparation of drawings, procedures and related engineering change orders, as well as drawing reviews. The candidate may also assist in directing work taskings of others. An active US Government Security clearance (Secret) is required as of day one of employment US Citizenship required.
• Technical knowledge and engineering design experience with infrastructure systems (Compute, network, and storage) components and associated hardware component configurations and interfaces
• Familiarity with Military and Commercial Drawing Standards
• Experience in developing Interface Control Drawings, Cable Assembly Drawings, Wiring Diagrams, Installation Drawings, and Rack Elevation Drawings
• Ability to analyze engineering change requests to determine changes/modifications
needed to drawing packages
• Coordinate and communicate with members of engineering and management to ensure designs meet technical requirements
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience with electrical cable assembly design and selection of cable assembly commercial and Mil-Std components such as connectors and wire types.
• Experience with establishing drawing structures and product structures
• Experience in working with PDM systems and strong understanding of Configuration Management principles
• A current DOD Secret Security Clearance US Citizenship required
• 4 years of related work experience
• Sound understanding of engineering principles
• Experience developing Drawing Processes and Work Instructions
• Experience creating and managing Drawing Metrics
• Experience developing and maintaining Drawing Release Plans
• Experience in drawing development utilizing AutoCAD Software
• Familiarity with ASME-Y14.100 Drawing Standards
• Basic engineering principles as they apply to hardware assemblies
• General knowledge of Manufacturing and Assembly Principles
• Good command of Microsoft Office products (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience or 12 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All