Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
Raytheon is looking for a Chief System Engineer
to join the IPX Systems Engineering Team. This role is for a Chief Engineer (CE) of a highly dynamic, tightly focused software-based development and sustainment team that works closely with mission operations and the mission customer to ensure customer and operational needs are met in a very fluid mission environment. The CE will lead a team of engineers in the accomplishment engineering tasks in a software development environment. The CE provides technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, and test personnel.
The Chief System Engineer
Note: Candidates with a current Top Secret Security Clearance or higher are eligible for a $20,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and hired by Raytheon. Required Skills:
- Responsible for the evolution and sustainment of Peregrine technical software baseline to ensure all activities meet customer defined budget and schedule constraints and operationally defined mission needs
- Primary technical point of contact for all operational users, customer representatives, and industry partners
- Act as the bridge between program management and technical staff
- Leads configuration control board, engineering review board, and risk review board
- Fills in for program manager when needed
- Ensures all development and sustainment efforts remain in scope of contractual agreements
- Responsible for technical staff task assignments
- Responsible for staffing projections/management
- Responsible for technical volume, basis of estimates, and gating of all Peregrine proposals
- Responsible for all customer requested budgetary estimates for additional technical scope
- 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
- Must have an existing SSBI
- Good understanding (preferably deep understanding) of signal processing fundamentals
- Good foundation in system architecture and design
- Good foundation in software integration and test
- Good foundation in software configuration management
- Requirements validation, verification, and management
- Experienced in managing small development teams
- Experienced responding to RFPs and with the engineering gating process
- Experienced working with operations staff, sub-contractors, co-contractors, and customers
- Experience in System Engineering process development and deployment for the government contract
- Ability to work with a mixed customer set that includes government and industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Lead Systems Engineer on a government contract
- Understanding of RADAR principles
- Possesses software development skills
- Experience in technical risk management
- Experience working on a program managed using Earned Value Management
- Experience in cost estimation
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: SSBI - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All